The information in these notes are from various textbooks or websites (linked where possible).

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Study Motivation



This post shows my desk supplies, tips & help on note taking.
CLICK READ MORE FOR NOTES



Rewrite your timetable and stick it on your wall/locker. 
I got a really handy app named "timetable" and I could just quicky check my phone to see what class I had next. It's so helpful I would recommend downloading it. Below shows the icon of the one I used.. There's tons of them on the appstore.




I pintrested motivation quotes and wrote them out and stuck them up in my room for days when I felt lazy.


At the start of the year I did my homework at the kitchen table but this was just not practical.. I was always distracted by the TV or family members coming in, so I got a desk and set up all my stuff and revised there where I had all my books and supplies on hand and I didn't have to keep moving my stuff around all the time. I emptied my books out and arranged them subject by subject keeping all books, folders and copies together.



The desk area is great but don't always study in the one place (it gets boring) If its a nice day, go outside. If you're in town, go to a library or cafe to study.




Okay the leaving cert is definitely mentally straining, I'm not going to lie.. you will be stressed but that's normal. I actually wish I didn't stress out so much when I was in 6th year because it really is not the end of the world and it may seem like it but the leaving cert doesn't define you.. I should have listened to everyone telling me this but I didn't and I ended up having multiple panic attacks, sleepless nights and endless amounts of stress which all could have been avoided. (if this happens to you TELL SOMEONE do not just leave the room on your own, it's a scary few moments but it's easier if you're not alone.) 
I got this Rescue Remedy Stress Less medicine in the chemist and they are both really really good!




If you are like me and need to write stuff down to remember them better, then you need markers/pens etc. 

I used:
  • Sharpie Highlighters
  • Sharpie Markers
  • Fabercastel Fine Tip Markers
  • Stadtler Triplus Fineliners
  • Stadtler Skinny Highlighters
  • Basic Skinny Markers From Dealz



I colour co-ordinated them by putting them in jars and in a cute box. 

The different thickness and intensity of all the markers I used helped when I was making notes. I always used Sharpies for headings.

These skinny highlighters are my fav!! I got them in Tesco for like 6 euro.




I got these sticky notes in Dealz, Mr. Price and Tiger and I kept them in this makeup organizer tray. They help to make your notes fun and pretty and they motivated me to study more.


I kept all my pens & pencils that Id use regularly in a jar as well as pencil shavings on my desk. I used doileys and tipex to make them look pretty. The mini stapler was only 2 euro in my post office I kept it in my pencil case and ended up using it nearly everyday to keep handouts from teachers together. I stacked up all my 'Good Luck' exam cards here too.

In this little box I kept all my flashcards together. They come in so handy when you have a test to study for. Of course, I bought the coloured ones.

Keep a lamp at your desk for those late night cramming sessions. I printed off the months of May and June and stuck them up on the wall to keep on top of exams and other commitments. They are the busiest months of the year in 6th year they just fly by. Also, print out the LC timetable from examinations.ie and highlight your exam times.


In my desk drawer this pink box fitted perfectly. I kept my huge rubber, glue, colours, masking tape and scissors in there. I used plastic shot glasses to keep paper clips, staples, blue tac and loom bands in. I used the bands to keep flashcards together.


I looked at pintrest for study motivation a lot, I drew out all these different banners and stuck them on the wall as a guide for when I was making notes.

After the mocks I wrote out all the topics of each subject and put a box after them. I filled in the box when I was confident with the topic and it helped when it came to the end of May, I knew exactly what I needed to do. I would however advice to do this as soon as possible because I found I still had a lot of blank boxes left by June due to the little amount of time after the mocks.


I used printables to make some of my notes you can find them here:

I did out a study timetable using this websites printable:

2 comments:

  1. hi karen love your notes..wish i was as organised, i am doing the leaving this year and i am very stressed and feel like theres no time to do everything. Have you any tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete