The information in these notes are from various textbooks or websites (linked where possible).

Friday 10 June 2016

Comparative: English HL

The texts on my course and what my notes are based on were THE GREAT GATSBY novel, THE KINGS SPEECH film and THE PLOUGH AND THE STARS play.

CLICK READ MORE FOR NOTES



For the Comparative Study section you will need to know
1. Vision and Viewpoint
2. Cultural Context
3. Literary Genre

  • You will need to know this vocab below to get the marks in your comparative essay... don't use the same contrasting word each time.


I loved the Vision and Viewpoint so I spent all my time focused on that *THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!!* It didn't come up on my paper so I was left slightly stuck, please dont make this mistake and learn all 3 or at least 2 in good detail.



  • I only studied Vision and Viewpoint & Cultural Context under these headings. Unfortunately I have since lost my Cultural Context notes.



Vision And Viewpoint:
I colour coded this in a spider diagram. Basically the darker colour is the main message and the lighter colour explains how I, as a reader can relate/understand it. (This can come up in a question). Each number can be compared with each other e.g no.1 in TKS can be compared with no.1 in TGG and TPATS.


  • OPENING




  • POVERTY:



  • POSITIVE CHARACTERS:


Sorry for my messy handwriting here! (cramming)

  • RELATIONSHIPS:

*Didn't get around to finishing The Great Gatsby Relationships,




But you can repeat the Leaving!! 


The Kings Speech: 
Its on Netflix lads!!
I didn't write out any notes on this, I just watched it over and over again.

The Plough And The Stars: 
I found a really really old black and white film of the play on youtube.. I honestly only watched bits of it but it was helpful!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOm11vFqZ0Q

1 comment:

  1. I will recommend to anyone who is looking for a business loan at Le_Meridian, they helped me with a loan of four million dollars to start my quilting business, and that was quick. When I received a loan from them, it was amazing how easy it was for them to work. They can finance up to $ 500,000,000,000 (five hundred million dollars) in any region of the world, if the projects can be guaranteed a return on investment of 1.9%. The process was quick and safe. It was definitely a positive experience. Avoid scammers and contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On. lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com/ lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp ... + 19893943740. If you are looking for a business loan.

    ReplyDelete